Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:59:17 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      FM reception way back when

Anyone remember similar experiences to this? I'm just listening to a tape made in 1960 (I recorded it, in fact) off the CBC's FM station in Toronto, and while the quality is excellent and free from interference, every so often there's a brief series of clicks..because someone elsewhere in the house changed the television channel. We were a family of tape fiends. Schedules were noted..taping off AM was even worse, since light switches, television, running the dishwasher, opening the fridge, just about anything involving electricity would cause clicks, buzzing, static, whistle etc. As my mother frequently replied, "I can't pee in the dark." dl