Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:18:11 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: 45rpm sound quality with respect to their 33rpm counterpart?

Funny, I have that same record and it's always been a reference. (Agree about the miking.) clark On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Lou Judson wrote: > >> anecdotal comment: The only 45 classical I ever saw was pressed off center >> so it wowed a lot, all three discs. (Manitas de Plata, flamenco guitar) so I >> never had another one. >> > > OTOH, the finest capture of piano sound in my library is on a Japanese > 45-rpm twelve-inch. The instrument is a Bösendorfer Imperial and despite the > miking being a bit close, it remains an audio reference in my library. (RCA > RDC-4, JRL 1-1105 Direct Master Series) > > Mike > -- > [log in to unmask] > http://www.mrichter.com/ >