Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:21:33 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Bob Olhsson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Aren't recordings original sources?

Tom, I assume it's foil connected to the chassis neutral connection. I've never taken one apart but it's a standard electrical supply house part. For all I know a change in capacitance is what causes the audible changes. I've never known anybody who wasn't highly skeptical about this, especially folks who've paid big bucks for a power cord! It would cost a lot of money to research and prove anything not to mention the fact that it is a moving target because of variations in building wiring. Folks will probably just need to keep on arguing until somebody's got a spare $100,000 they are willing to waste on trying to make a point. Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined! 615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com http://www.thewombforums.com -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Fine Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:28 AM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources? Bob, are you talking about a power cord with a foil shield like a standard audio cable? I thought UL or some other standards body wants a solid green-wire, same gauge as the two conductors. Is the shield a separate wire? Is it connected to the greenwire ground? What are you sheilding, fuzz from coming off the power conductors or fuzz from coming in from the outside? -- Tom Fine