Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:15:12 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Andy Kolovos <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      DVD-Video audio track ripper?

Nothing illegal going on here--just need to extract the audio track from some DVD-Video discs that were made for us from some old Umatic tapes. We own copyright to the content. This isn't preservation activity, I just need to make listening copies of the audio track for one of the filmmakers and our transcriptionist. Any suggestions for a free DVD-Video audio track ripper (for Windows XP) would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, andy -- Andy Kolovos Archivist/Folklorist Vermont Folklife Center 88 Main Street Middlebury, VT 05753 (802) 388-4964 [voice] (802) 388-1844 [fax] www.vermontfolklifecenter.org