Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:07:14 +0900
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "MATSUBAYASHI, 'Shaolin' Kohji" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Mercury Perfect Presence records

Good morning Tom-san and all, At Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:14:05 -0400, Tom Fine wrote: > > As a followup to this, what I'm mainly interested in is, > which studios used 35mm mag-film for Perfect Presence. > As far as I can tell, it was Fine Recording in NYC, > United Recording in Hollywood and Universal Recording in Chicago, > and no one else. I have a couple of records listed but not > detailed by Kohji-san and I will provide details to those soon, > I have to pull them out of storage so it may be a few days. As far as I know, PPS (Perfect Presence Series) titles starting from PPS-2020/6020 to PPS-2032/6032 proudly claims "f:35d Perfect Presence Sound Recording" on covers which indicates 35mm mag-film was used during the recordings. As always, Ruppli's 5-volume discography books don't always contain enough reliable information for such things as precise recording studios, but here is what I can show you mostly from my own collection (some of them not up on my website yet): 2020/6020 Fine Recording, NYC 2021/6021 Fine Recording, NYC 2022/6022 United Recording Studios, Hollywood 2023/6023 United Recording Studios, Hollywood 2024/6024 Fine Recording, NYC 2025/6025 Fine Recording, NYC 2026/6026 Radio Recorders Studios, Hollywood 2027/6027 Fine Recording, NYC 2028/6028 Fine Recording, NYC 2029/6029 (I don't have this, and Ruppli's book don't have much info) 2030/6030 (no detailed info on the cover) 2031/6031 Radio Recorders Studios, Hollywood 2032/6032 Fine Recording, NYC Hope this helps, Kohji -- MATSUBAYASHI, 'Shaolin' Kohji [log in to unmask] http://microgroove.jp/ Maintainer, Jazz Discography Project [log in to unmask] http://www.jazzdisco.org/