Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:25:21 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Floppy Disc Blues--aka data recovery software suggestions?

andy kolovos wrote: > Hi-- > > Anyone have recommendations for good, low cost (lets say circa $65 tops) > data recovery software? One of my coworkers has just approached me with > that rarest of things--a dead 3.5" floppy disc. > > It's amazing. I've never known these things to fail before. > > Any help appreciated. > > Thanks! > > andy You must lead a sheltred life! If it does not turn - and turn smoothly - software won't work. If it does and there's room on the disc (spare sectors), SpinRite from grc.com may do the job. However, not even SpinRite cannot be sure that the files are recovered, only that whatever it can get from damaged sectors will be relocated to good space and properly linked. Mike -- [log in to unmask] http://www.mrichter.com/