Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:26:39 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Steven C. Barr(x)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Yo' pod

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dick Spottswood" <[log in to unmask]> > You're brave, you know that??. I'd be the first one to greet cell phone > preservation with fear, loathing and, yes, disdain. Digital is so > great--everything can be preserved, but not for long! > One assumes this refers to the low-resolution digital cameras built into many cellphones...right? AFAIK, the voice sugnals are analog... and archiving text-message traffic would require appropriately young "translators" to keep track of the abrvns...! Steven C. Barr (even though a lot of them haven't changed since I was K9JOO, working 15M CW...)