Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:53:50 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Breneman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Adhesive tape survey

--- Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Of course, the long-standing tradition in stereo equipment has been > red=right and white, gray, black or whatever non-red color = left. Yeah, and I wonder when this tradition came into play. I had always used Red=Left and Green=Right to identify tracks, and wired things with Red=Left since that's how the running lights on a boat are displayed. I was caught by surprise years ago when manufacturers started color coding their jacks to Red=Right! Of course, the red bouys are kept to your right when you're coming into port... David Breneman [log in to unmask] ____________________________________________________________________________________ It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/