Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:27:53 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Roger and Allison Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: 78 rpm transfer in Montreal?

On a sort of related topic,someone recently expressed an interest in some of my more unusual classical 78s.They live in another part of the country,and wanted to put them on a show that both streams on the web,and broadcasts in their local area.He wanted me to burn him a CD-R,and send it in the mail.I told the guy,I would have to pass,as I did not have a A-D converter,and money was kind of tight right now,so there was no way I would be buying one in the forseeable future.As far as I know,there is nobody where I live (Albuquerque) ,where I could do this.The local public radio stations,are run by a bunch of cliquish assholes, who don't take kindly to outsiders.The University of New Mexico here,told me I couldn't use their equipment if I wasn't a student.I left my name there,to see if somebody could do this for me.I haven't heard from them,and I doubt I will.Any suggestions? Roger Kulp David Lennick <[log in to unmask]> wrote: John Black wrote: > Greetings. A patron has asked about professional transfer of 78 rpm > discs to CD-R in the Montreal area, so I am writing to ask if any such > are known to/recommended by any list members. > > Best wishes, > > John Desmond Black > Audio-Visual Collections and Services Coordinator > Marvin Duchow Music Library of McGill University > [log in to unmask] > http://www.mcgill.ca/music-library/ > > I don't know about Montreal, but Graham Newton and I are in Toronto (and if it involves CEDARing, I pass that on to Graham anyway). dl __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com