Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:13:20 EDT
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Don Tait <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Musical Arts Symphony
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Messages forwarded; I hope they come through all right -- Yes, the players were mostly from the CSO, although I don't have definite information and have only "heard" that. However, I've been told on good authority that the Schory recording(s) (was) (were) made in Orchestra Hall. The pre-1966 revovation sound, before the acoustical catastrophe of the renovation, is there. Don Tait ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Definitely recorded in Chicago, so members of the CSO seems likely. Sorkin founded Concert-Disc and Concert-Tapes as a recording vehicle for his Fine Arts Quartet, but put out a lot of other releases as well. Dick Schory got his start in percussion recordings with "Re- Percussion" on Concert-Disc, which does sound like it was recorded in Orchestra Hall. I like both the sound and the performances of Sorkin as conductor, and we reissued "Symphony of Dance" (with bonus tracks) from the reel tape editions. dg On Jul 29, 2007, at 12:00 AM, ARSCLIST automatic digest system wrote: > I have here a duped reel tape called "Symphony of the Dance" by > Leonard > Sorkin conducting the "Musical Arts Symphony" on ConcerTapes. What > was this > orchestra? Where was it recorded. -- http://www.rediscovery.us http://www.rediscoverypodcast.us