Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:53:04 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Musical Arts Symphony?

How about the Musical Arts Symphony? Any info on that? Sound in the Round -- I have a quarter-track made by GRT Tapes. I wish I had a copy of the original 2-track. The original Ampex demo tape with their first 2-track consumer machines had some excerpts from the 2-track. -- Tom Fine ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 9:21 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Musical Arts Symphony? > Tom Fine wrote: >> Hi All: >> >> I have here a duped reel tape called "Symphony of the Dance" by Leonard >> Sorkin conducting the "Musical Arts Symphony" on ConcerTapes. What was >> this orchestra? Where was it recorded. The recording is actually pretty >> good, as is the playing. The tape was duped super-loud compared to other >> duped quarter-tracks I have. And it was even within standard azimuth, >> which tells me some care was taken in the duping operation. >> >> Any historical information about the orchestra and recording much >> appreciated. >> >> -- Tom Fine > > I remember ConcertDiscs..I still use "Sound in the Round" (ping pong game) > for checking channels and speakers. > > dl >