Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:57:35 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: 16-inch sleeves

I have a bunch of what are probably 17x20 inch envelopes..these are great for holding a bunch of similar transcriptions. If I could get sleeves made of this stuff (16.25x16.25) for a reasonable bulk price, I'd be happy..those of us with large accumulations of transcriptions, often from libraries where they were in folders instead of sleeves, or whose sleeves have disintegrated, and who won't live long enough to clean every one of these discs but just want to keep them from any more dust and grit (anybody remember when this sentence started?) don't need two-dollar acid-free environmentally friendly tree-hugger stuff. I've kept transcription discs safe in newspaper for years! (Come to think of it, I have a large load of blank newsprint left over from packing dishes and china. Got a 25-lb package and still have about half of it.) Holes would be nice too..photocopying the labels and pasting them onto the outsides is a little much. dl Doug Pomeroy wrote: > You can get the 17" x17" kraft envelopes in any big stationery store, I > think. > If you don't mind the 16" disc having extra room, and you can live without > the hole, you can cut off the top at about 16", which gets rid of the flap. > I have done this with many such envelopes for discs in the Boris Rose > collection. > I even got him to buy me a paper cutter to make it easier to cut off the > tops!!! > > Will wonders never cease. > > doug pomeroy > > >> From: John Ross <[log in to unmask]> >> Reply-To: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List >> <[log in to unmask]> >> To: [log in to unmask] >> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 16-inch sleeves >> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:19:04 -0700 >> >> At 7/26/2007 03:58 PM, David Lennick wrote: >>> Note that they show a 12" V-Disc but label it "16 inch record". If >>> indeed they've seen the light and begun to produce 16" sleeves, maybe >>> I've finally worn them down..I've been asking for those for years >>> now. Even offered to order ten thousand of the things. >>> >>> But what they have here is a 17x17" sleeve with a 2" flap, 25 for >>> $30. Not what I had in mind. Oh well. >> >> Kurt Nauck sells 16-1/4" Disc-o-File sleeves. >> http://www.78rpm.com/DOF_home_page.htm >> >> John Ross > > _________________________________________________________________ > Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now! > http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1 >