Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:24:49 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: De-clicking

Malcolm Rockwell wrote: > Now, a question. Why do some prefer Cool Edit over the successor program > Adobe Audition? I understand there are some functions that may have been > removed, but cannot remember what they are. > Mal Rockwell Audition is the successor to CoolEdit Pro, not to CoolEdit. The principal differences between the Pro and standard versions of CoolEdit were price and multichannel capability. Audition is thus a much more complex program with virtually no advantage for the sort of audio processing discussed here - at substantially higher cost. One of the minor advantages of the Pro version was the reason I bought into it and now to Audition: it offers a Bypass button on more features than does the standard software. It's not much of a difference, but when one spends as much time editing as I do, it can be enough. Mike -- [log in to unmask] http://www.mrichter.com/