Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:41:46 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Matt Shumate <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Preserving Vinyl Records - Laser Turntable

Greetings all, My name is Matt Shumate and I am affiliated with the ELP Corporation(Japan), makers of the world's only Laser Turntable. I recently came across the ARSC and thought its members might be interested in exploring the technology behind the Laser Turntable. Since a stylus never physically touches the record, there's never a chance for wear and tear to the vinyl. For long term preservation, there is not better way to reproduce the analog sound of a vinyl record. Another great feature is the ability to adjust the lasers by microns to pick up audio information from the groove that has never before been touched by a needle. Combine it with the ELP Declicker and you can remove pop and click noises in real-time without the assistance of a computer. I encourage you to read more at www.laserturntable.com <http://www.laserturntable.com/> . Indiana University recently purchased an LT for their music library and has been extremely impressed with the results. If there's any additional information I can be of assistance with, please let me know and I'll be happy to help out. Best, Matt matt shumate account manager [log in to unmask] max borges agency 3550 biscayne blvd, suite 501 miami, fl 33137 phone: 305 576 1171 x15 fax: 305 402 6373 www.maxborgesagency.com <http://www.maxborgesagency.com/>