Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:41:37 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Roger and Allison Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: off-topic: guilty pleasure in hi-fi demo records

I own the Bob & Ray.in M- no less.I bought it three years ago om eBay for six bucks.It is one of the rarest (Based on number of copies seen.)Living Stereos,I have found, and I have LSC-1817,and LSC-1875. Roger David Lennick <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > In the LP era, there were all sorts of demos and promos.."Adventure in High Fidelity" is sure a better sample than "Hearing is Believing" (music samples on side 2 are fine, but the comparisons on side 1 include modern versions vs acousticals!). In the early stereo days, RCA put out "Bob And Ray Throw a Stereo Spectacular" and "Sounds in Space"..the latter has crossed my hands 3 times, never in playable condition (the last copy had the Glenn Gould "So You Want To Write a Fugue" flexi scotch taped to it!). dl --------------------------------- Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.