Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:02:06 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Dismuke <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Urgent Message From SaveNetRadio ^

--- "Steven C. Barr(x)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Well, when I was but a lad, I recall listening to > XERF (which had 150KW, as > opposed to the mere 50KW allowed stations in the US > of A...) There is at least one border blaster still going strong. XEG in Monterrey, Mexico. The station's website is at: http://tinyurl.com/2rskwd It still blows out at 100,000 watts on a clear channel 1050 AM. You can hear it on a good night pretty much anywhere between the Appalacians and the Rockies. Depending on where you are in Canada, you might even be able to pick it up there as well. The station's format is a Mexican musical genre called Ranchera. It is not bad - if I am stuck driving around late at night and have no other access to music other than an AM/FM radio, I much prefer it over the stuff that American stations spew out. In Mexico, melody can still be heard in music.