Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 18 Jul 2007 06:54:22 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Urgent Message From SaveNetRadio

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: ***Finally, most not-yet-famous groups are promoting their recordings via their own web site...and selling them via operations like CDbaby. The "terrestrial" radio operations still get free records from the "major labels" (so far, anyway)...but, given net radio, sattellite radio, and all the various low-cost (as well as illicit) sources for digital music, old-fashioned electromagnetic radio is becoming the least-used way to distribute one's music... Ok, I will admit, I don't listen to the radio...well maybe to the BBC when they broadcast something I want to record.... But I do wonder about music getting to an audience. If you have your own web site a person could probably find you by doing a search, but the question is, why would they look for you. Is it all through word of moulth or your having been heard in performance? Karl