Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:20:10 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Faceless Downloads =  More Live Music?

The classic no/records line came from an old friend's mother, "Joe, why did you get more records? You already have one." Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:02 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Faceless Downloads = More Live Music? > > > Gary Atkinson <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > > ***At the end of the discussion I suggested that he might ask the girl in > question if she would like to go to the cinema or the disco. > > Then I wonder about the old line, "care to come over to my place and see > some of my etchings?" or in my case, "care to come over and listen to some > of my records?" With everything, "etchings" and "record collections" on an > iPod...there goes another bit of our cultural history...kinda like having > a "collection" or, perhaps even a library. > > As for sneaking the records past the parents, a friend of mine still > keeps his CD purchases in the trunk of his car and brings them into the > house in the middle of the night when his wife is asleep. > > Karl > > >