Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:17:12 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Jimi Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Audiovisual Self Assessment Program at the University of Illinois
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Greetings. I'm Jimi Jones, the coordinator of the Audiovisual Self-Assessment Program (AVSAP) project. Simply stated, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has received an IMLS grant to create an online tool for collections managers to use (for free) to assess the preservation needs of their audiovisual materials (film, video, and sound). The project has a three year timeline that breaks down as follows: the first year (starting now) is research, the second year is programming the tool, and the third year is testing the tool, presenting about it at professional conferences (AMIA, ARSC, and so on), and putting together a scholarly publication about the project and the final product. It is our goal to create a tool that can be used by the collections managers with any level of audiovisual experience, from novice to expert. We've just finished a webpage that will ultimately house the final tool. For now we just have a little bit of information about the mission statement, timeline, and partners of the project, but we intend to add more content as the project gets under way, so please bookmark the page and check back periodically. We're open to suggestions and feedback, so feel free to contact me. The URL is: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/prescons/AVSAP.htm -- Jimi Jones Project Coordinator, Audiovisual Self-Assessment Program Oak Street Library Facility 809 South Oak Street Champaign, Illinois 61820 vox: (217) 244.9901 fax: (217) 333.2630 http://www.library.uiuc.edu/prescons/AVSAP.htm