Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:48:20 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: LP sized scanner

Hi, Tom, First of all, other than some metadata concerns, I prefer to thinking about shrinking 7200 x 7200 pixel scans to 288 x 288 pixel scans or whatever. I'm pretty sure some of the Nikon software does that and you can write a macro, I think, in Photoshop to do that. If you want freeware, how about GIMP? Does that work? I suspect there are also dedicated resizing utilities. The last time I had to do that on a folder, I used the original Nikon Capture that came with the D100. I haven't yet mastered the new software from the D200--I just use Photoshop CS2 that opens native D200 images or use the in-camera JPEGs for many things (knowing I have the raw files if I want to do something special). Cheers, Richard At 02:49 PM 2008-02-29, you wrote: >Ya know, while we have Richard's photo expertise here, I have a >followup question. > >Once I get a big batch of hi-rez scans, is there a freeware or >cheapware program that will batch-downconvert them to 72dpi and >smaller "size" (ie from 600dpi 12x12 to 72dpi 4x4)? > >The smaller images would be for the interface I'm cooking up for the >music server. Obviously, the use there would be for titles not in >the Gracenote or freedb databases. Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask] Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.