Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:18:42 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Steven C. Barr(x)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Library of Congress NAVCC job opening

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen C Leggett" <[log in to unmask]> > Librarian (Vacancy #: 080037) > GS-1410-13 — Library Services (Collections and Services, MBRS, Recorded Sound Section, Packard Campus) — $82,961.00 - $107,854.00 > Opening Date: Feb 20, 2008 > Closing Date: Mar 20, 2008 > > The Curator for recorded sound reports directly to the Head of the Recorded Sound Section of the National Audio Visual Conservation Center at the Library of Congress. The Curator for recorded sound materials works collaboratively with others on the staff of the Library and with donors, collectors, and others to identify possible acquisitions, coordinate the acquisition of new materials, assess incoming collections, establish processing and preservation priorities, and design and provide content and context for exhibits and web presentations highlighting elements from the collections, in addition to participating in public programs, recorded sound symposia and other presentations. The Curator serves as a subject matter expert in his/her field and as the authority on the contents and condition of elements of the Library's recorded sound collections. > Which pretty well describes what I do to maintain my own half-vast collection of 78rpm phonorecords and other such impedimenta...but, sadly, I don't have any kind of an advanced degree to demonstrate my skills and knowledge... Durn! Steven C. Barr