Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:07:47 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: One format war now decided?

Newshour on PBS had a story on this topic tonight: http://tinyurl.com/38vtqq Link is for MP3 of the story from PBS website. -- Tom Fine ----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Phillips" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:55 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] One format war now decided? ....I didn't know. I guess it doesn't matter any more though... -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ernie Longmire Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:46 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] One format war now decided? Scott Phillips wrote: > As far as I know, the Blu-Ray players don't, but the DVD-HD format is > backwards compatible. Every Blu-Ray player I've looked at plays DVDs as well. There may be models that don't, but they're the exception, not the rule.