Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:33:41 -1000
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Malcolm Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: One format war now decided?

So, what's the touted advantage of Blu-Ray? Will it play on my cell phone, or what? Malcolm (who has not a Blu-Ray nor a cell phone) R ******* Tom Fine wrote: > Looks like Wal-Mart tipped the scales for Blu-Ray. > > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/technology/16toshiba.html > > I'm guessing the next step in forcing this format on the consumer will > be for major manufacturers to stop making "plain old" DVD players and > computer drives. Has anyone yet come up with a backward compatible > drive or player? > > -- Tom Fine > >