Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:22:56 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Eric Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: pinning of oxide to plastic leader - best   practice
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

On Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:58 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote: > > > Also, don't forget to invert the phase of each track. > > > I'm not sure I agree with that. The polarity should stay > the same unlike the head if you flip it which does invert > polarity. The leading edge of the magnet is still the > leading edge, but in the case of the head if you flip it, > the leading edge and trailing edge invert as well as the > channels. Did I miss something here? You missed nothing, Richard - 'twas I that mentally flipped the head rather than the tape. No need to invert phase, just channels, as you point out. Thanks as always. Eric Jacobs The Audio Archive, Inc. tel: 408.221.2128 fax: 408.549.9867 mailto:[log in to unmask]