Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:23:15 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Dan Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Some potential bad news ...

What really scares me is the idea that multinational companies could totally control the kind of music the world will be captive to listen to. Yea I know this is like Orwell thinking.... but if no one can bring recordings of our musical heritage to life ... then our heritage will disappear and we will hear only what is politically correct for today in todays sound. Now that is scarey !!!! don ward --- "Steven C. Barr(x)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > What scares me, though, is that the world-wide > recording > industry MAY try to legally establish that every > sound > recording is to be protected under the law of the > country > where it was made as well as any country where > copies were > sold! This would make the draconian US of A law > applicable to > virtually every sound recording of interest...?! > > Steven C. Barr > ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ