Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:45:54 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: New word? / technical term?
Comments: cc: Barbara Need <[log in to unmask]>

Barbara Need wrote: > From another listserv: > > Begin forwarded message: > >> To: [log in to unmask] >> >> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26149/sound-studio-monbot%3a-bookend-audio >> >> >> [P]lugin adds an -intro_ and [an] _outro_ to an audio [file]. >> >> I'm not hip enough to this stuff to know what an "outro" is. >> ------------------------------------------------------------ >> The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org From my experience in radio broadcasting, it was always EXTRO used to denote the final or EXITing portion of a show or segment. It could be music or an announcement or combination... whatever concluded out to dead air! Often in a newscast consisting of a local news reader with some taped inserts, it was necessary for the newsreader to give the control room engineer the EXTRO words for the clip being played as a cue to roll a commercial or another part of the show. I was in private broadcasting and never had anything to do with the CBC (Canadian Broadcorping Castration as one wag called it!) except for meeting the CBC Dominion Network's "Assignmentmentmentment" each evening which was carried by CFCF Montreal when I worked there. ... Graham Newton -- Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.