Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:39:53 -0600
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Bob Olhsson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: "Outro"

I've heard that term used specifically for announcing the title of a recording. "Outro" was used for the end of a program. Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40 years making people sound better than they ever imagined! 615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com http://womb.mixerman.net -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Don Tait Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:34 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [ARSCLIST] "Outro" I hope this message comes through properly and contains a copy of the original question. I worked in classical music radio as an announcer in Chicago for 40+ years, first at WNIB and then after 1972 at WFMT. At both stations we always used the term "intro," but never "outro." We always said "back announcement." However, that was just us. Other posters are correct that "outro" was a term for a back announcement of what had been played. 'Tis just where you are and the usual usage there, I guess. Don Tait ************** The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music. (http://music.aol.com/grammys?NCID=aolcmp00300000002565)