Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:33:56 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Odd way to get out of a record you didn't want issued

I've heard of records being destroyed in shipping, in a fire at the pressing plant, in an accident during processing, but I've never heard of a record being unissued because the entire stock was destroyed during a hurricane. Edna or Hazel, I wonder? http://www.jazzdiscography.com/Artists/Lea/BLdiscography.html Just checking on Barbara Lea..I found her first album on Riverside last week. Interesting tidbits in this discography, including Dick Hyman performing under the name Richard Lowman..also our late friend Dick Sudhalter playing trumpet on some of her later recordings. Her recording career covers 1953 to 2006. dl