Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:52:59 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: motion picture amps (optical sound)

There is a similar collection at the Hagmey Museum in Delaware. Steve Smolian ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Biel" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:40 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] motion picture amps (optical sound) > Jack Honeycutt wrote: >> It is a long shot, but I thought I would toss this out in case we have >> any motion picture sound folks here. I am looking for a schematic of >> the RCA PA-94 amp. I am also looking for the amp, galvo, microphone, >> cables etc.. If anyone knows where I might find this hardware, please >> let me know. >> > > There is a possibility that the schematic might be available thru the > Smithsonian. Back in the 70s they received a collection of every piece > of printed material that RCA printed during that era from a long-time > RCA employee. Elliot Sivovich showed it to me, and it even had things > as arcane as the tags tied onto power cords. > > Mike Biel [log in to unmask] >