Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2008 19:35:57 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         carlstephen koto <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: thorens TD 124

Hi Doug, there are a few guys out there that make new parts for 124's. Unfortunately, they are (along with Garrard 301's and a few other idler driven tables) have quite a cult following so the prices are a little high. It sounds like your main bearing is frozen and it's usually the housing/sleeve. Here's a link to an Audiogon ad for a new housing. http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1222534170 Just email him to find out if it is the housing. Hope that helps. Steve Koto On Sep 2, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Douglas Small wrote: > Can anyone direct me toward a reasonable repair service for this > unit-----i.e. has anyone had any experience with outside service. > My unit has frozen up. > > Many thanks, > > Doug Small > White Stone, VA > feel free to ping me off list > thanks!