Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:55:41 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         David Weiner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Biltmore fans...

David Weiner wrote: > Among the more unusual Biltmores are the King Oliver "Zulu's Ball," the > Goldkette "Merry Oldmobile" and "The Piccolino," sung on one side by Fred > Astaire and the other side by Ginger Rogers. I don't think the Ellington-Mae > West "My Old Flame" soundtrack mentioned earlier was on Biltmore - I have it > on a 10" Cosmopolitan 78 boot. > > Dave W. Right, Cosmopolitan 7501, with "Rockin' Chair" on the flip. Rust lists that one as well as Biltmore 1014. I don't suppose the Goldkette included the suppressed opening? That does exist. I've held a test pressing and put my DNA on it. dl No, the Goldkette ain't got the extra opening - just a straight boot of both sides of the Victor "Special" - waltz and fox-trot versions. (Or as Agatha Christie's detective Hercule Poirot referred to it, "the trot of the fox.") My copy is pressed on strange greasy-looking vinyl. Dave W.