Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 6 May 2006 21:33:40 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         steven c <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: ARSC Convention -- Who's coming?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Hirsch" <[log in to unmask]> > As a first timer at an ARSC-fest and someone who always loves to chow > down when I travel (well, even when I'm home), count me in. My > experience with Asian food in Vancouver at last year's MLA conference > was incredibly good, so I'm sure Seattle must at least come close in > that area. Wonder if they have any Malaysian; that was my discovery > there, though I guess Chinese does really lend itself to this sort of > gathering. > Just wonder if there are any other chile-heads in this group (wandering > ever further off ARSC topic) that will be willing to heat things up the > way I like it, > Look for a place that offers "Szechuan cuisine!" Spicy-hot food comes from hot climates...because back in the days before refrigeration one needed a way to disguise the fact that the meat was getting...well, shall we say "kinda ripe?" Steven C. Barr