Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 6 May 2006 21:27:38 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         steven c <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: ARSC Convention -- Who's coming? (now Hangi vs Umu)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie Azile O'Connell" <[log in to unmask]> > Now an umu is Tonga, and given the fact they just had a 7.8 scale earthquake, I > don't think it's a good idea for us to go digging a pit there. It is similar > to a hangi, but an undesirable way to bake tapes! We just need a pig, lamb, > chickens, venison, plenty of vegetables, and someone prepared to dig a BIG hole > in their back garden! Oh yes, non-exploding rocks and railway sleepers, then > we are good to go. Sorry, I have gotten carried away now - I can almost smell > it cooking! Completely off archiving now ;-) > Note that "railway sleepers" refers to what we here call "railroad ties"...and NOT to passengers in Pullman cars! As well, this sounds very much like what we call a "pig roast"...at which one of the necessities is an ample supply of beer! Steven C. Barr