Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 31 May 2006 15:45:21 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Robert Hodge <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: The future of analog (fwd)
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Sorry ( in a way ) that I have no pictures to back up this story, but a friend of mine, Mr. William Stanmyre, now deceased, who was an audio engineer at the Paramount Astoria studios and later in Hollywood told me of the amount of cast off microphones, disc cutters, preamps and other ancillary production equipment that could be had for the asking as it was on its' way to the scrap heap in the late 1930's through the 1940's and 50's. Fortunately he managed to retain a few things over the years which he passed on to me when he retired to Florida. I'd like to believe that somone on the lot will give one those tape machines a berth, and a host of reparable boards and parts to keep it operational in the future. Bobv Hodge Robert Hodge, Senior Engineer Belfer Audio Archive Syracuse University 222 Waverly Ave . Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010 315-443- 7971 FAX-315-443-4866 >>> [log in to unmask] 5/31/2006 3:05 PM >>> My thoughts exactly.This looks like this equipment was free for the taking,if you could beat the garbage truck to it.One wonders is this is how the indie labels of the 90s,got the equipment to make thier great analogue records in the 90s. Roger Kulp Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dumpster diving royale! Lou Judson * Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On May 30, 2006, at 1:04 PM, Scott Phillips wrote: > Sick. MTR-90's ... > > -----Original Message----- > From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karl Miller > Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:23 PM > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: [ARSCLIST] The future of analog (fwd) > > Sent to me by a friend... > > Karl > > A photo from earlier this month from the Warner Brothers studios in Los > Angeles. > > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~richbreen/Gallery/source/the_future.htm --------------------------------- Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1ยข/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.