Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 23 May 2006 20:28:47 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         phillip holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Looking for 78 speed record player

Those last two are really good units. But the Thorens requires a really good plinth to keep things quiet (the motor is very powerful) and the first version of the table had an iron platter that made some moving coil cartridges be attracted to the iron and collapse the cantilever and damage the record. If you use a moving magnet, it's not an issue. And the td124,mk2 is aluminum instead of iron. The Dual is no slouch. I've become quite a table/arm/cartridge collector, and my favorite 3 speed tables are the Technics Sp-10 and Sp-15. They're a bit pricey but very good (reliable, quiet, high performance). ----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Moreno" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:11 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for 78 speed record player >I have a Dual 1229 a Thorens 124 and a Lenco 68, very different pricing, >but > you can contact me.