Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 15 May 2006 16:44:15 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Tom Fine wrote: > obscure). I can think of piles of useless no-hit wonder garbage singles that used to be tossed into > large boxes at the college radio station, free for the picking but never picked over and the boxes > were tossed in the dumpster when they started to overflow. Last time I went back to visit, in the > mid-90's, it had evolved into a box of no-hit wonder CD's. Then there's the lesson of "antiques > roadshow" -- just cause something's old doesn't mean it has a cent of value. Sorry to be harsh but > reality is reality. I also believe Tom raises another valid concern...somehow or other, one needs to decide what is worth saving...for I sincerely believe we can't save it all. And, in most instances, we don't often have informed individuals making those decisions...nor can even those informed, always have ALL of the information that could add a greater degree of probability of making a good decision. Karl