Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:52:16 -0600
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: CD Player Question

The audio cassette deck may be tough. I have bought DVD players for as little as $40 (still waiting on the rebate though) on-line and seen same in stores on sale. For that little money I can't complain. I now have 2 DVD players and 1 burner. My first CD player was a GE, no remote, single tray, on sale at Federated for about 3-400 $$$ or so. It died wanting for nothing more than a belt. p.s. Have you cleaned your lens on the old player? Joe Salerno Video Works! Is it working for you? PO Box 273405 - Houston TX 77277-3405 http://joe.salerno.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Ramm" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 9:27 AM Subject: [ARSCLIST] CD Player Question > I must have really missed a whole era of CD players. Maybe some of you have > ideas. My single CD Sony Player was purchased about 15 years ago and has always > worked great. It's smaller than my receiver and part of my Stereo system > which is in my listening room. > > Only recently did it start acting strange on some CD and I found that it was > do to two things: It won't play all CD-Rs which I'm receiving and it was not > made to play CDs over 70 minutes or so and the later tracks skip or jump around. > > So I went to look for a new one. I went to Circuit City and Best Buy web > sites and looked under CD players. They don't make single players anymore but > rather the 5 CD carousel players which a a bit bigger than mine but acceptable. > There is a Sony and an RCA and a JVC That's it! And Best Buy is out of TWO of > them. The Sony has no remote! Yeesh! > > I know you can play CDs and CD-Rs on a DVD/CD/CDR player and these are cheap > but I don't have a TV set in the room and like the idea of a display and other > info on the player. Many DVD players only have on screen info. Besides I > don't need many of the buttons on the DVD remote. > > As I know Archives need CD players, though they will probably spend more than > the $100.00 or less that I want, does anyone have any recommendations? Are we > down to just 3 brands and models? I have my boom box one and my Discman but I > want one that hooks into my Receiver and looks okay. > > Any ideas? (I need to look for a new audio cassette deck soon too. Boy, I'll > bet that will be fun as well.) > > Thanks! > > Steve Ramm >