Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:27:25 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: 16 2/3 RPM Music

In the mid-to-late 1960s, I was given a Magnavox Phonograph and since it had a 16-2/3 speed to it, my Dad got one 16-2/3 record. I don't know what happened to it as I went looking for it several years ago and I couldn't find it. I think it was on Vox and my recollection is that it was called "Around the World, Around the Clock" and had instrumentals like "La Vie en Rose" on it. There were no hits on Google or at gemm.com for this one. I don't really recall seeing any others--it was the only one I ever recall in my collection. It certainly was Lo-Fi even on the Magnavox "HiFi" (a woofer and tweeter with a pair of 35C5s in push-pull and a ceramic cartridge). Cheers, Richard -- Richard L. Hess http://www.richardhess.com/tape/ Quoting Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>: > I have 4 of these low-wow-wow -fidelity discs on the Vox label though I seem > to recall them also making an appearance on Lafayette or some other consumer > electronics outlet label as well. > > Steve Smolian