Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:56:08 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Impulse Noise Filters

I use the Noise Reduction plug in V.2 for Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6. The current version is 7, since it was bought by Sony. I have been very happy with it for removing impulse noise and leaving the music alone. Joe Salerno Video Works! Is it working for you? PO Box 273405 - Houston TX 77277-3405 http://joe.salerno.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Jannotta" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:16 AM Subject: [ARSCLIST] Impulse Noise Filters > Hi All, > > I'm considering the use of some type of noise filter for the removal of > surface noise when digitizing my record collection (many 78's as well as > LPs). Do any of you have any recommendations of a device or technique for > this purpose. I've found some "old school" devices for sale on ebay but I > wonder if they degrade the signal too much. Maybe keeping the noise is > better. I'm open to suggestions. > > Thanks, > Pete Jannotta > Chicago