Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:33:26 -0600
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         John Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Audio Conservation Engineer standards

This link will get you to the multitrack delivery recommendations: http://www.grammy.com/pe_wing/guidelines/index.html This is an email address for feedback (also listed in the above pdf): p&[log in to unmask] It should be noted that the long-term recommended deliverables essentially treat the multitrack recordings (especially those that are "born digital") as data. The P&E Wing committee welcomes feedback and input. If there are some topics that you feel are important, please let them (or me, as I am on this particular committee) know. John Spencer BMS > From: Dave Radlauer <[log in to unmask]> > Reply-To: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> > Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:39:27 EST > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio Conservation Engineer standards > > In a message dated 10/28/03 9:09:43 PM, [log in to unmask] writes: > > << What do we call it? Audio Conservation Engineer? Sound Conservator? More > importantly, what are the skills required for the job? Clearly, it's more > than just knowing how to thread tape onto an Otari and dub to a CD recorder. >>> > > It might be worth seeing what is happening at NARAS -- the (American) > National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. While mostly known as the > folks who > put on the Grammy Awards, there is a section of the organization involved in > establishing archival methodologies and standards for recording engineers and > the recording industry. I beleive they are involved in the Arhoolie/UCLA and > other worthwhile conservation and restoration projects. > > Dave Radlauer > www.JAZZHOT.Bigstep.com