Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:37:35 -0800
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Tape shedding and deterioration

There is another angle to this. We have great amounts of information on standard sticky-shed. We do not have information on other failures, some of which do not respond to baking. There was a discussion on one of the lists I'm on -- maybe it was this one -- I started it -- where playing a tape wet with alcohol was considered OK to do. I'll tell you, it works. I'm dealing with a tape right now that is not classic sticky shed. More later. Richard