Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:01:53 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         RA Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: bargain du jour

Since the polis of the board is always deliving into copyrights, how is it that the 1935 is now copyright 1989? RA Friedman -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of andy kolovos Sent: Wed 7/26/2006 12:22 PM To: ARSCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV Cc: Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ba[log in to unmask] Cc: Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] bargain du jour Dick Spottswood wrote: > http://www.rjguitar.com/index.html This has got to be some sort of weird joke or Art Project, right? That's the only way I can think about it without my head exploding. For my "Exhibit A" I present what seems to be the meat of their discussion on the instrument's provenance: "How Can We Prove This Is The Holy Grail? It was when the Complete Recordings Box Set was released in 1990 that it really hit home. It is unquestionably a picture of our guitar." Bingo! And here I am thinking that establishing provenance might mean actually tracing a line of ownership back to Robert Johnson...silly me! It is a joke, right? andy -- Andy Kolovos Archivist/Folklorist Vermont Folklife Center 3 Court Street ; P.O. Box 442 Middlebury, VT 05753 (802) 388-4964 akolovos @ vermontfolklifecenter.org http://www.vermontfolklifecenter.org