Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:45:53 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Test of e-beam scanning as is selectively used on U.S. mail

Haven't they been doing de-tox of the mail since as soon as they could get equipment in place after the anthrax events? If so, I'd say this is a phantom menace or we'd have tales of woe all over this list and the greater Internet. -- Tom Fine ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerome Hartke" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:59 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Test of e-beam scanning as is selectively used on U.S. mail > Media Sciences published a detailed report on this issue in the July 2002 > issue of "medialine". We concluded that such radiation had little effect on > CD-ROM and CD-R discs. It is at http://www.mscience.com/radiate.html on our > web site. > > Jerry > Media Sciences, Inc. > >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List >> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess >> Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:29 PM >> To: [log in to unmask] >> Subject: [ARSCLIST] Test of e-beam scanning as is selectively used on U.S. >> mail >> >> This was an interesting report...a word to the wise about mailing >> stuff...I don't know where this is being used. >> >> http://www.i3a.org/pdf/i3a_titan_testing_report.pdf >> >> Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask] >> Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX >> Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm >> Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.