Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:50:27 -0700
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Roger and Allison Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Asperger's Syndrome (was How Vinyl Records Are Made Part 1)

Believe me,I have seen far worse spelling from others here. Roger Kulp Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Roger, I once ciritcised your typing on the list. I am over that now, focused on the content. Yes, it was a rap between songs, introducing That Was The Week That Was, I think. Talking about how there is a week to celebrate the most amazing things... quoting from memory... Of course I was nice to the lady, just exhausted afterwards. It takes all kinds, they say. I'm wierd in my own way too! I like to think I have grown out of flaming, though I do slip now and then... Be well, Lou Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio 415-883-2689 On Jul 19, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote: > No problem.I can't recall the Tom Lehrer,of which you speak,was this > in a between-song monologue ? The internet is a very public place,you > never know who you're going to run into,or under what > circumstances.There's all sorts of us "abbynormals" out there, > Roger Kulp > > Lou Judson wrote: Roger, I was actually being a > bit flip - the woman we had a film and a > meal with was egocentric, spoke with circular logic, and was generally > not very much fun. She may not have been a clinical case, just an odd > person, and I did not mean any offense to anyone who really has to > learn how to do the "normal" things of life. > > But then, I was a fan of Tom Lehrer, and didn't he mention National > Make fun of the handicapped week? My mouth twists wryly even mentioning > it. I meant no offense to anyone! > > > > Lou Judson � Intuitive Audio > 415-883-2689 > > On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote: > >> This sort of hits close to home.I was diagnosed as autistic,when I >> was in first grade.I am somewhere between Asperger's,and Autism, on >> the spectrum.(I believe my father was an Aspergerian,as we call >> them,so I believe mine is mostly inherited.)As a child,I had VERY poor >> communication skills,both verbal,and written.My verbal communication >> skills are still very substandard,almost as bad as Dustin Hoffman's in >> "Rain Man",but I worked VERY hard to develop my proficiency in written >> language. There is much about ASDs,that a piece like this does not >> discuss,probably because of ignorance.There are profound delays,in >> physical development,many of which never correct themselves.The OCD >> aspects are played down.A biggie is spinning,and spinning objects by >> hand.Which may be why I,and other autistics,were drawn to records,in >> the first place. >> There are numerous other associated disorders.ASDs have been found >> in disorders like Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome, >> http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/76505564/ABSTRACT? >> CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0 ,and many,like myself,have severe,disabling >> autoimmune diseases,which I would almost say should be a requirement >> for a Dx. >> /Off my soapbox/ >> Roger Kulp >> Lou Judson wrote: >> Ya know, my partner and I had dinner with someone who fits this set >> of >> symptoms perfectly... not a collector though... >> >> Lou Judson � Intuitive Audio >> 415-883-2689 >> >> On Jul 18, 2006, at 8:43 PM, phillip holmes wrote: >> >>>>> >>>>> The following are a number of signs and symptoms that might be >>>>> associated with Asperger's Syndrome: >>>>> -inappropriate or minimal social interactions >>>>> -conversations almost always revolving around self rather than >>>>> others >>>>> -"scripted," "robotic," or repetitive speech >>>>> -lack of "common sense" >>>>> -problems with reading, math, or writing skills >>>>> -obsession with complex topics such as patterns or music >>>>> -average to above-average verbal cognitive abilities >>>>> -average to below-average nonverbal cognitive abilities >>>>> -awkward movements >>>>> -odd behaviors or mannerisms >> >> >> __________________________________________________ >> Do You Yahoo!? >> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around >> http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > --------------------------------- > See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com. Check it out. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com