Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:55:22 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Marie O'Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Job...........I need one

Why thank you Steve. Yes, Zorro, my dog (Jack Russell x Black Poodle), will dog paddle the journey! He is very strong and will be carrying the entire load of luggage strapped to his tail! He isn't into sharks and I have him well trained to 'attack' at first sighting of a fin! Cheers Kiwi PS: Actually, it looks like I'm off to CA..........I a U-Haul! Marie O'Connell Sound Archivist/Audio Engineer/Sound Consultant The Center For Oral History & Cultural Heritage The University Of Southern Mississippi 118 College Drive #5175 Hattiesburg, MS, 39401-406 Ph: 601-266-6514 Fax: 601-266-6217 -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of steven c Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:26 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Job...........I need one ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie Azile O'Connell" <[log in to unmask]> > I finish at USM July 14. I need a job fast. Otherwise I am back over the pond, > never to return. > Well, were I independently wealthy (which I'm not...my financial position is best described in my blues tune, "Money Talks" where the lyrics run "...if money talks, it ain't on speakin' terms with me!") I'd hire you to see if it were possible to bring order out of my half-vast shellac chaos (40,000+ 78's, most of which are in no identifiable semblance of order...). However, I share your lack of employment...and Ecru (the cat) shows no particular enthusiasm toward seeking gainful employment... (he could always pose for cat food packages and/or ads?!) so it appears all I have to offer is sympathy, which is currently valued around $0.03/metric tonne, less postage, handling, tax and recappable tire... Steven C. Barr (hoping you're not planning to SWIM said "pond...")