Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:45:30 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Tim Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Scotch Master 90 Cassette sticking
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks to all who gave advice on this (I get the digest so I haven't seen messages sent today yet). ? Moving the tape to a new shell did the trick. I did this for three Scotch 90s that were sticking, moving the tape?to three different brands of shell--Maxell, TDK and Fuji?(all of which have rotating guide wheels)--and all seemed to play the older tape just fine, even though they are constructed somewhat differently. ? As an experiment I put the tape from one of the new shells into one of the "bad" Scotch 90 shells, and that seemed to work too! I assume that the shell is the basic problem however and that it's best not to use this for fresh recording. ? The next challenge will be to move all these cassettes to digital, which I dread. (They are for listening, not preservation) ? Tim