Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:57:09 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         Claus Trelby <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: What to do with 70s Rock Tapes?
Comments: To: [log in to unmask],

Posted for Ken Caillat... Hello, my name is Ken Caillat. I was one of the producers of Fleetwood Mac, and I would like to get more information on your tapes, especially the Fleetwood Tapes. What size are they, what thickness(2" 1/4") , what format (cassette, reel to reel) and how many are there. I own a audio/video tape preservation company and those tapes, in whatever format, may be extremely delicate and may be subject to damage if you are not careful. They should be stored in low temperatures with low humidity until preserved. I can help to get the tapes to the rightfull owners if you'd like to give me a list with names, dates and venues or song lists. Or I can pass their names to you. Thank you Ken Caillat Managing Engineer/Partner XepaDigital.LLC (pronounced Zeh-pa) www.hwy1pro.com www.xepadigital.com [log in to unmask] 724-794-3686 office 724-794-3292 fax 805-312-3042 cell -----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Ross Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:35 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [ARSCLIST] What to do with 70s Rock Tapes? I have an odd problem. About 60 concert and radio broadcast tapes of major rock bands and local Seattle acts, all recorded in the mid-1970s, have come into my possession. Based on some web research, it appears that these recordings do not exist as bootlegs. It is quite possible that these are the only extant copies of these recordings. A few of the performers on the tapes include Fleetwood Mac, The Pointer Sisters, Frank Zappa, Deep Purple, Rush and Robin Trower. There are many other equally important bands and performers. This stuff is out of my own area of expertise, but I know enough to recognize that this is probably an important collection. So I'm looking for a place to either donate or sell the tapes to somebody in a position to deal with them without diluting the musicians' intellectual property. While I have the tapes, I don't believe I have any claim on the rights to the performances they document, so I don't want to make them available through the bootleg channel. I have offered to donate these tapes to the Experience Music Project Museum here in Seattle, but they are not able to accept them. So I'm looking for other options. Can anybody suggest any other museums, libraries or private collectors who might be interested in this material? John Ross Sound Archivist Northwest Folklife -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.6 - Release Date: 3/30/2005 -- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.6 - Release Date: 3/30/2005