Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:14:59 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         steven c <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Microphones--was: Not using headphones

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcos Sueiro Bal" <[log in to unmask]> > True, as a blanket statement it is a bit useless. But in a live situation, > I would almost always deal with a singer that is too loud than one that is > too soft, and I have encountered the latter far more frequently. Few singers > can overload an SM-58, although it does happen. But if you have a drum kit > and rock guitars behind a whispering singer... that's when the trouble > starts. I see that much more with younger perfromers, the ones that have > grown up overdubbing their vocals, or in a separate vocal booth. > The thing I like about SM-58's is the fact that they are essentially indestructible! I have often had my mike stand knocked over by someone in the crowd, and my "58" still works as well as it ever did (though the wind screen has rather an odd shape!). ...stevenc http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/