Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2006 23:05:49 -0400
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         steven c <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Early stereo LPs: subject to mononuclearosis?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]> > No, I don't think the centre speaker is sympathetically vibrating. I > just look at it and it seems as if the sound is coming out of it. > BUT, when I click and move the signal to it, it the program sounds > rather different. As I said, some of it is room, but most of it is > head geometry. I think if I rotate my head so one ear is directly on > axis to the active speaker, the difference is less, but I haven't > played with it too much. > So...it is the imperfect design of we human beings that is at fault! We shall have to bring that problem to God's attention... :-) Steven C. Barr (who has some other complaints as well...)