Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main ARSCLIST pageJoin or leave ARSCLISTReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:04:05 -0500
Sender:       Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
From:         "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Glitchy dats

What do you mean by glitch? A drop out? or momentary distortion? I thought that was just typical of DATs. They can be so problematical. Joe Salerno Industrial Video Services PO Box 273405 Houston Texas 77277-3405 David Lennick wrote: > I've been sent a load of DATs to transfer to CD for auditioning, and I find > that a number of them dating from 1996 have glitches. I don't know if there's > one brand more prone than others since I'm not monitoring consistently, but > they do seem to turn up on Sony PDP-124s. Anyone have similar experiences? Any > thoughts on whether this was a bad brand (I had problems with it myself) or if > it was a matter of us not thoroughly erasing the tapes before using them or not > fast forwarding or rewinding them before using them? > > dl > > __________ NOD32 1.1690 (20060803) Information __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com > > >